It is our goal to support workforce development for economic development.
Our Regional Economic Development & Business Service team is here to:
- Support local economic developers
- Serve as a liaison to trade associations and Chambers of Commerce labor unions and community and technical colleges
- Offer workforce improvement services supporting businesses
- Support customized training through new and existing sources
- Coordinate deployment of Rapid Response Teams to assist workers displaced through mass layoffs and closings
We also administer the Economic Development Administration's Public Works & Economic Development Program, The Office of Rural Affair's Community Development Block Grant Program, and serve as the administrative agency for the East Texas Economic Development District.